Driver License Appeals



Have you lost your driving privileges as a result of multiple substance abuse convictions? The State of Michigan requires that you proceed through the Office of Hearings and Administrative Oversight. It is necessary to submit documentation of sobriety. Documentation includes, but isn't limited to the following:

  • A current substance abuse evaluation that is dated no later than 3 months prior to submission.

  • Three to six community support letters.

  • Documentary evidence of attendance at support meetings.

  • Ignition Interlock report if granted restrictions at previous hearing and ordered to install device (obtain this from the company). Only an original interlock report with a raised seal will be accepted. If you don't have an interlock report you may submit a receipt from the interlock company verifying you have requested one. If your hearing will be via video, please mail the report to AHS prior to the hearing. If you will be attending an in-person hearing, bring the report to your hearing.

  • A 12-panel drug test should include at least two integrity variables and test for the following: Cocaine, Marijuana, PCP, Amphetamines, Opiates, Benzodiazepines, Barbiturates, Methadone, Propoxyphene, Methaqualone, Ecstasy/MDMA and Oxycodone/Percocet.


Are you operating a motor vehicle with an interlock? Have you received notice of violation? The reinstatement of a revocation/denial due to an ignition interlock violation may be appealed to the Office of Hearings and Administrative Oversight within 14 days of the effective date of the reinstatement.

If you have questions, need help getting your license back or know someone who does, please feel free to contact our office for a free consultation and getting you back on the road.